Download a summary of the 2017 Mantua Junior Tennis Program.
Welcome to the Mantua Junior Tennis page. The junior tennis program is organized into two sessions. The Spring session begins May 8th and continues through June 22nd, coinciding with the last day of school. The Summer session begins on Monday, June 26th, and finishes on Friday, July 28th.
Clinics are organized by age group and held Monday through Thursday. Junior tennis also participates in a Tyson’s Cup league, where juniors play against other juniors from clubs in the local area. All Tyson’s Cup matches are played on Tuesdays or Thursdays in the afternoon. Anyone in the junior tennis program can register for a Tyson’s Cup match. A limited number of matches are played so it’s possible that everyone who registered may not play. The tennis pro determines the lineup based on a number of factors, such as who’s available, tournament results, and practice participation. For those selected to play in a Tyson’s Cup match, a Tyson’s Cup practice is held on the prior Monday or Wednesday before the match just for the players chosen to play on the next day. Please see the Clinics and Practice Schedule for the complete schedule by age group.
Junior tennis registration will open on April 15th and will be accessible through the new eSoft Membership Management System. In eSoft, select “Memberships” on the top menu and then look for the Junior Team section. Three options are available depending on the number of kids that you’re registering: one, two, or family (3 or more). Rates are $90 per child or $225 for family. You must be a paid member to register. Kids must be 6 years old (born on or before 6/1/2011) or completed kindergarten to participate in the program. Registration fees will increase by $20 after May 15th, so please register soon. The registration fee includes the clinics, Tyson’s Cup practices and matches, a T-shirt, and end-of-year banquet.
2017 Program Highlights
Here are some of the features of this year’s program:
- Earlier start date of May 8th because the tennis courts will be out of commission for two weeks in June to get resurfaced
- Conducting separate 9-10 year olds and 8 & Under clinics to achieve better teacher/student ratio
- In the Spring, offsetting the tennis clinics with swim practice so kids can participate in both after school
- Summer morning clinics
- Additional practices for those playing Tyson’s Cup matches that week
- Return of Open Play. Once a week, Open Play is an opportunity for juniors to just show up to the courts, be paired with other juniors, and play matches, all under the supervision of one of our pros. Think of it as “pick-up tennis.”