Mantua Swim & Tennis club is outlining the following plan for expanding the use of pool in accordance with guidelines provided by the State of Virginia and the Fairfax County Health Department. We plan to expand our use starting on Saturday July 4, 2020. First off, know that our priority as a board is the safety and well-being of all members of the club.
- Phase 3 changes will begin on July 4 at Noon
- Pool open from Noon – 9 PM.
- UPPER POOL – Reserved lap swimming (14+) at 1 hour blocks (Same as Phase 2)
- LOWER POOL – Max Capacity of 100 people
- Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat – First Come/First Serve for 2 hour 45 minute blocks.
- Tues/Thurs/Sun – Reserved Family lane reservations, 90 minute blocks (Same as Phase 2)
- WADING POOL –
- Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat – First Come/First Serve 2 families per hour – white board waiting list.
- Tues/Thurs/Sun – Reserved 2 families for 90 minute blocks
- Surfaces around the club will be disinfected by the Lifeguards every 2 hours (Ladder rails, pool deck).
- Bathrooms and other high touch areas will be cleaned every 2 hours or more often as needed.
- Swim Team will operate on a limited capacity. Please see the Marlin’s Swimtopia site for more details.
- Dive Team will operate on a limited capacity, please see the Dive site for more information.
- Junior Tennis operating on a limited capacity. Please see the Junior Tennis site for more information.
- Adult Tennis is hosting intramural times for both men and women. Please see the adult tennis website for more information.
This plan is based on and within the guidelines of the Governor’s operating plan in Phase 3:.
- Safer at Home – Especially those who are at higher risk.
- Continued social distancing
Phase 3 Pool Operating plan
- Max Capacity of 100 people within the pool area (upper and lower)
- UPPER POOL – 14+ Lane Registration for 1 hour blocks (same as Phase 2)
- LOWER POOL/WADING POOL – Monday/Wednesday/Friday/Saturday
- Access to the pool area is a first come/first serve process at Noon, 3 pm, and 6 pm.
- Open swim – please maintain social distancing as much as possible.
- Block 1: 12 – 2:45 pm
- Block 2: 3 – 5:45 pm
- Block 3: 6 – 8:45 pm
- Wading Pool – Limited to 2 families on a first come, first serve basis for 1 hour blocks. The wading pool will be sectioned into 2 parts for physical distancing purposes. A sign up board will be available at the wading pool entrance during each time block. Please be considerate of the time for other families. Maximum age for the wading pool remains 5 years old.
- At 2:45 pm, 5:45 pm and 8:45 pm, the guards will signal the end of the session and clear the pool area. Please respect the lifeguards by gathering your things and leaving as quickly as you can so the next group can enjoy the pool.
- If the capacity is reached during a block of time, the Guards will monitor the number of people who exit and then allow others in who may be waiting. It may be best to return during a subsequent block of time. Again, the guards are enforcing our rules, so please do not treat them poorly.
- LOWER POOL/WADING POOL – Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday
- By entering the pool area, members are agreeing to our Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Responsibility regarding COVID-19 for all members of the party.
- Members of the party will have to attest to answering no to several questions. The lifeguards will have this posted on the plexiglas on entry.
- We are asking all members to wear a mask when entering and exiting the premises.
- You may send your child’s caregiver with your children for the reserved time as per normal operations.
- If you have a fever or symptoms of Covid-19 we ask that you please do not come to the pool or use any of the facilities until you are well.
- The minimum age to enter the pool area without a parent is 14.
- The minimum age to lap swim in the upper pool is 14.
- If coming as a family there must be at least one member of the family who is 14 or older and responsible for the group.
- During open swim, persons over 12 years of age who have demonstrated an ability to swim will be permitted to use the diving boards. For children under 12, only those who have taken the swim test with a lifeguard, and received a wristband, will be permitted to use the diving boards.
- During family swim time, it is important for parents to monitor young children around the diving well.
- Members will enter through the front door, check in and walk through bathrooms. We have a protective barrier at the front desk area. The guard on duty will be wearing a mask. We recommend members wear masks when walking into the pool facility and when using the bathrooms. Please keep physical distancing in mind when you enter the pool facility.
- There is hand sanitizing stations outside the bathrooms.
- The board asks that members be respectful of each other during this time to allow all who want to swim be given the opportunity to do so.
- Life guards will not enforce physical distancing. We expect the members to maintain 6 feet between other non-family members when at the pool. The lifeguards’ job is to ensure swimmers are checked in, be in the lifeguard chairs when swimmers are in the pool and to clean and disinfect between swim sessions. The guards in the chairs will not wear masks, as it is not safe in case they need to get in the water.
- FOOD – you may bring your food which should only be consumed in grassy areas or behind the paver line on the cement deck. PLEASE CLEAN UP FOOD ITEMS AND PUT IN THE TRASH CANS.
- NO GLASS CONTAINERS
- Pool furniture will NOT be available. Please bring your own chairs.
- On MWFS, at 15 minutes prior to the end of the session, the pool will close and all members must leave the area. You may reenter, however you must take all your belongings and jump to the back of the line to allow other members to enter.
- Exit will be through the bathrooms. When exiting please wear a mask as there are areas where you may come into close contact with other members.
- The Board of Directors reserves the right to change these plans as needed.
The following will not be available:
- Chairs & Tables
- LOST & FOUND
- Snack Bar
Keep your personal belongings and family belongings to minimum as there will be no lost and found.
Maintaining physical distance guidelines is the responsibility of each family.
If the pool is closed for weather related issues, you may return at the appropriate time, however the guards will clear the pool area at the specified times. The lifeguards will use signage and social media (facebook/twitter) to alert everyone to the pool closure and opening status.